September 13 – 18, 2021
With Shama Retreats
Join Joan Hyman in this beautiful location in the south of Portugal! Practice yoga in a pristine setting with an abundance of nature and miles of fine sand and clear waters. This all-inclusive retreat is a perfect combination of nourishing yoga practices lead by Joan, along with meditation and guided relaxation practices. Enjoy unique beaches, nature trips, comfortable accommodations and a selection of delicious and healthy organic food. Teaming up with Paloma Dorado and Shama Retreats, you will be guided to both, an experience of high quality yoga practice and a exquisite, natural and relaxing atmosphere that allow you to reset, heal and renew yourself.
November 6 – 14, 2021
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, and Kruger Safari
This 9-day journey will take you through Cape Town, Cape Peninsula, the wine region of Stellenbosch, and the iconic Kruger National Park.
Joan will lead yoga and meditation practices twice a day to help ground you during this once-in-a-lifetime journey to Africa! The itinerary is handcrafted by Fit4travel and you will be staying in four-star accommodations with highly skilled guides taking us on excursions each day. If you are an animal lover this is a trip for you because you will see giraffes, zebras, lions, and so much more!
January 11-16, 2022
Join Joan at one of her favorite retreat centers in Mexico, Playa Viva! This will be a 25-hour training moving from the outside in, a deep dive into the journey through the koshas. The practice of yoga and meditation help us to untangle the many layers of our being. In this six day training, Joan will guide you through the outer most layer, known as the Anamaya Kosha and end with accessing our deepest layer, known as the anandamaya kosha, our heart center. Each day will open with a long practice, intertwining asana, pranayama, and meditation. We will take our time as we explore each layer the practice of yoga offers. After practice, enjoy a long brunch, relax by the ocean, and take a dunk in the pool! You will have access to massage, miles of beachfront, and hammocks and quiet spots to help you relax and rejuvenate. The day will finish with a discussion on the practice and the topic of the day, followed by a quiet restoring practice in the early evening. Dinner will end the day and unwind by watching the sunset and enjoying relaxing vibes from a like minded community of yogis!
150-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Retreat
January 15-29, 2023
Joan’s Yoga School
Part one of Joan’s 300-Hour Teacher Training
This transformational advanced teacher training will be hosted by Joan in Goa, India, Goa is the perfect place to relax and unplug from the western world and dive deep into your yoga and meditation practice. This will be part one of Joan’s Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Teacher Training from The School of Yoga and will run in two parts.
This training course will include:
• How to advanced your asana – Enjoy long practices that will include workshopping advanced postures that you don’t normally get to in a vinyasa flow class and understand how to make them accessible for you and your students.
• Advanced pranayama and meditation – Each morning and afternoon practice will include pranayama and meditation helping you to develop a quieter practice that accesses the subtle layers of our five bodies.
• Learn to read bodies and explore the art of hands-on adjustments that are appropriate to the individual.
• Learn about the subtle body and how to incorporate these layers into your practice and sequencing.
• Understand therapeutics and how to make yoga accessible for everyone by learning how to work with injuries and chronic illness.
• We will practice restorative postures and how to incorporate these powerful and quieter poses into daily practice exploring their many benefits. Learn how to work with props and explore the subtle benefits of these practices.
• Learning to sequence to all levels from the advance to the beginner yogi.
• Go deeper into yogic philosophy and learn how to integrate it into your teachings and practice.
• Learn how to develop a self-care program that includes daily Sadhana, proper diet that aligns with your constitution, and how to incorporate Ayurvedic principles into your life.
• Learn what dharma is and how to be authentic with what you are offering.
• Explore aspects of the shadow and teacher-student dynamics.
• Teach with confidence! There will be practice teaching sessions led by Joan.
This training will include guest teachers offering sound baths, kirtans, bodywork, and the art of touch.
“Joan’s extensive travel experience, great sense of humor and ability to connect with foreign cultures at a deep lever make her an ideal international yoga retreat teacher. Her retreats consistently sell out and are a testimony to these qualities. Her commitment to having fun along the way makes working with her a total joy”
– Michelle from International Yoga
Joan Blogs about her Retreats