March 29 – April 3, 2021
Join Joan at one of her favorite retreat centers in Mexico, Playa Viva! This unique Eco-Luxury destination is a beachfront property providing a tranquil vibe with unspoiled nature in a luxurious setting. Immerse yourself in nature, yoga, and relaxation and rejuvenate after an intense year we have all had! Each morning, Joan will offer a two-hour vinyasa flow practice in the stunning outdoor shala overlooking the ocean. Breakfast will follow in a beachfront outdoor pavilion with fresh food from their local farm. There will be plenty of time to relax by the pool, beach, and in your own casita and a private massage therapist will be on site. Lunch will follow mid-afternoon and wind your day down with a relaxing practice including pranayama, meditation, and restorative yoga. A family dinner will end the day and unwind by watching the sunset and enjoying relaxing vibes from a like-minded community of yogis!
May 22 – 29, 2021
Join Joan in this beautiful location in the south of Spain! Practice yoga in a pristine setting with an abundance of nature and miles of fine white sand and crystal clear waters. This all-inclusive retreat is a perfect combination of nourishing yoga practices with meditation and guided relaxation practices, unique beaches, nature trips, high comfort accommodation. Plus, a selection of delicious and healthy organic food.
You will experience an oasis of tranquility that gives you the space you need to improve and return to your practice and soul. The daily program will be enriched with trips to the most special natural places out of the touristic tracks, organized by Shama Retreats with care and love, to allow you to discover this calm and authentic region of Spain. We will be immersed in the Natural Park of the Strait, bathed in the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. A treasure of long pristine beaches, cliffs, underwater caves, and memories of ancient civilizations surrounds the charming village of Tarifa. From the venue, we will enjoy excursions to amazing beaches and beautiful treks with views of the Northen coast of Africa.
November 6 – 14, 2021
Cape Town, Stellenbosch, and Kruger Safari
This 9-day journey will take you through Cape Town, Cape Peninsula, the wine region of Stellenbosch, and the iconic Kruger National Park.
Joan will lead yoga and meditation practices twice a day to help ground you during this once-in-a-lifetime journey to Africa! The itinerary is handcrafted by Fit4travel and you will be staying in four-star accommodations with highly skilled guides taking us on excursions each day. If you are an animal lover this is a trip for you because you will see giraffes, zebras, lions, and so much more!
150-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Retreat
January 16-30, 2022
Joan’s Yoga School
Part one of Joan’s 300-Hour Teacher Training
This transformational advanced teacher training will be hosted by Joan in Goa, India, Goa is the perfect place to relax and unplug from the western world and dive deep into your yoga and meditation practice. This will be part one of Joan’s Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Teacher Training from The School of Yoga and will run in two parts.
This training course will include:
• How to advanced your asana – Enjoy long practices that will include workshopping advanced postures that you don’t normally get to in a vinyasa flow class and understand how to make them accessible for you and your students.
• Advanced pranayama and meditation – Each morning and afternoon practice will include pranayama and meditation helping you to develop a quieter practice that accesses the subtle layers of our five bodies.
• Learn to read bodies and explore the art of hands-on adjustments that are appropriate to the individual.
• Learn about the subtle body and how to incorporate these layers into your practice and sequencing.
• Understand therapeutics and how to make yoga accessible for everyone by learning how to work with injuries and chronic illness.
• We will practice restorative postures and how to incorporate these powerful and quieter poses into daily practice exploring their many benefits. Learn how to work with props and explore the subtle benefits of these practices.
• Learning to sequence to all levels from the advance to the beginner yogi.
• Go deeper into yogic philosophy and learn how to integrate it into your teachings and practice.
• Learn how to develop a self-care program that includes daily Sadhana, proper diet that aligns with your constitution, and how to incorporate Ayurvedic principles into your life.
• Learn what dharma is and how to be authentic with what you are offering.
• Explore aspects of the shadow and teacher-student dynamics.
• Teach with confidence! There will be practice teaching sessions led by Joan.
This training will include guest teachers offering sound baths, kirtans, bodywork, and the art of touch.
February 6-27, 2022
Join Joan in Goa, India, for her two-hundred hour teacher training.
*100-hour option: Ten days of immersion yoga retreat style, Feb 6-16, 2021.*
Devarya Wellness is a beachfront property that hosts yogis from all over the world and holds activities such as sound baths, kirtans, and meditations in the evenings. Each morning there will be a two and a half-hour yoga practice learning the foundation of postures and how to sequence them together in an intelligent way.
If you are taking the whole training, we will join together in the afternoon and learn yogic philosophy, anatomy as it applies to the yoga postures, the subtle body, and so much more! If you decide to join the retreat portion, join again the later afternoon for a wind-down practice like pranayama, meditation, and restoratives.
This is the perfect combination of relaxation, diving deep into your yoga practice, and opening yourself up to the many healing benefits of yoga.
This two hundred hour teacher training is Yoga Alliance Certified and you can also do half the training with the retreat portion and make it up the rest in the future.
“Joan’s extensive travel experience, great sense of humor and ability to connect with foreign cultures at a deep lever make her an ideal international yoga retreat teacher. Her retreats consistently sell out and are a testimony to these qualities. Her commitment to having fun along the way makes working with her a total joy”
– Michelle from International Yoga
Joan Blogs about her Retreats